Vice President, CHAMPS Patient Experience
Carol Santalucia, V.P. of Patient Experience
, is a seasoned healthcare leader with a passion and commitment to enhancing the patient experience through healthcare service excellence and patient advocacy.
Carol Santalucia joins CHAMPS with more that 30 years of healthcare service excellence and patient advocacy experience at Cleveland Clinic. She most recently served as Cleveland Clinic’s Director of Service Excellence in the Office of Patient Experience (through June 2011), where she was responsible for:
- Designing and developing service initiatives
- Working with leaders throughout the Cleveland Clinic Health System
- Leading multidisciplinary teams to improve various aspects of patient satisfaction
Carol Santalucia’s professional accomplishments at Cleveland Clinic include:
- Design, creation and implementation of the Cleveland Clinic’s service recovery model, Respond with H.E.A.R.T.®
- Development of the patient navigation program
- Development of the Service Excellence and Patient Advocacy Department in the Office of Patient Experience
In addition, Carol Santalucia is the Founder and President of the Carmella Rose Women's Health Foundation, a nonprofit organization that aims to positively impact women’s lives by providing resources to help them access quality healthcare and navigate through the healthcare system in Northeast Ohio.
Santalucia is a dynamic speaker and facilitator who received an MBA in Healthcare Administration from Cleveland State University and a BS in Psychology from Denison University. She is skilled at engaging and motivating others for productive outcomes, and enjoys working with groups and individuals, promoting teamwork, accountability and ownership.
Carol Santalucia lives in Cleveland Ohio, and has two adult children who live and work in Manhatten. She is an avid Cleveland sports fan, and loves to read and travel. She leads a team that serves at a hunger center in downtown Cleveland and loves to spend time with her family and friends.