Vice President, CHAMPS Oncology
Toni Hare, RHIT, CTR, Commission on Cancer (CoC)-trained consultant, is the vice president of CHAMPS Oncology, the leader in cancer compliance consulting for the cancer registry. Under Hare’s leadership, the CHAMPS team of multi-credentialed CTRs strategically partner with cancer programs nationwide to transform quality cancer data into valuable information – information that can be used to achieve accreditation, strategic planning, community outreach and cancer care objectives.
With 30 years of experience in the cancer registry profession, Hare is a progressive enthusiast for quality cancer information, and never stops promoting the importance of education in the profession, and quality within the cancer registry.
As a Commission on Cancer-trained Consultant, she provides guidance and expertise to hospitals going through the CoC accreditation process.
She has experience:
- Assisting administrative and cancer care leadership at new and existing cancer programs to achieve/maintain CoC accreditation
- Providing pre-survey cancer program needs assessment (gap analysis)
- Developing and assisting in the implementation of action plans for cancer programs to meet compliance with CoC standards
- Managing the creation of cancer registry database and operations for new cancer programs
- Developing a formal educational program in cancer data management
- Conducting and facilitating consultative evaluations (mock surveys)
Hare has presented cancer registry topics at several national conferences, including National Cancer Registrars Association
, Association of Community Cancer Centers
and Commission on Cancer
. She has also presented at several state and local organizations.
She has published articles in ACCC’s Oncology Issues; Executive Healthcare Management; and Advance for Health Information Professionals
. In March of 2010, Hare collaborated with V. Moysaenko, MD, FACS, vice-chair of Ohio's Cancer Liaison Physicians, and a CoC cancer program surveyor, to write a white paper on quality cancer care entitled "The Continuing Pursuit of Excellence: Advancing Cancer Care through Quality Improvement."
In 1990, she created, implemented and then taught the Cancer Data Management Course through the Health Information Management program at a Cleveland-based college for over 20 years.
She is currently a member of:
Toni Hare recently served on the Cancer Committee Activities and Administrative Issues Workgroup for the CoC’s Cancer Program Standards 2011 Project.
Hare's speaking topics include:
- 2012 Commission on Cancer Standards
- Utilizing Your Quality Cancer Data
- Cancer Registrar Workforce Supply and Demand
- Best Practices in Cancer Registry Management and Operations
For more information or to contact Toni Hare, please call 800.362.2628 ext. 3611 or email email@example.com.