|Karen Schmidt, CTR|
Associate Vice President, CHAMPS Oncology
Follow Karen Schmidt on Twitter @Karen_E_Schmidt.
Karen Schmidt, CTR, cancer program consultant, is the associate vice president of CHAMPS Oncology. She has been a member of the CHAMPS team for more than 14 years, serving in both a business operations and client services capacity to strategically partner with cancer programs nationwide.
With a background in human resources and business management, Schmidt has been able to leverage her experience in organizational development when working with cancer program administrators to assist clients large and small.
Schmidt works with clients nationwide to ensure satisfaction with CHAMPS Oncology’s cancer registry, management and consulting services. She ensures questions regarding compliance to the standards are answered. She also works with the clients to utilize the registry database for their administrative and business reports. In her role as associate vice president, Schmidt manages multiple projects for cancer programs and cancer registries.
Schmidt also works with CHAMPS Oncology's cloud-based system insight2oncology®. Schmidt encourages clients to utilize their cancer data with insight2oncology® in order to identify gaps, retain and attract patients and make informed decisions regarding their cancer service line.
She has experience:
- Assisting new and existing cancer programs to achieve/maintain compliance with the Commission on Cancer standards
- Developing processes to assess cancer registry workflow and productivity
- Developing customized tracking mechanisms for cancer programs to monitor CoC Compliance
- Developing statistical analysis and outcome reports
- Mentoring new professionals to the cancer registry management and operations
She is currently a member of:
Karen Schmidt holds a Bachelor of Science in Psychology, as well as an associate’s degree in Cancer Information Management (CIM).
Schmidt's Speaking topics include:
- 2012 Commission on Cancer Standards
- Cancer Registry Data Management & Utilization
- Customer service
For more information or to contact Karen Schmidt, please call 800.362.2628 ext. 3611 or contact us.