|Toni Hare, RHIT, CTR|
Vice President, CHAMPS Oncology
Follow Toni Hare on Twitter @Toni_Hare.
Toni Hare, RHIT, CTR, cancer program consultant, is the vice president of CHAMPS Oncology. Hare leads the CHAMPS Oncology team of highly skilled cancer information specialists to strategically partner with cancer programs nationwide to transform quality cancer data into valuable information which can be used to achieve accreditation, administrative planning, community outreach and cancer care objectives.
With a degree in health information management and 34 years of experience in the cancer registry profession, Hare is a progressive enthusiast for quality cancer information, and never stops promoting the importance of education in the profession, and quality within the cancer registry. She provides guidance and expertise to hospitals going through the CoC accreditation process and to her team of cancer program consultants.
She has experience:
- Assisting administrative and cancer care leadership at new and existing cancer programs to achieve/maintain CoC accreditation
- Providing pre-survey cancer program needs assessment (gap analysis)
- Developing and assisting in the implementation of action plans for cancer programs to meet compliance with CoC standards
- Managing the creation of cancer registry database and operations for new cancer programs
- Developing a formal educational program in cancer data management
- Conducting and facilitating consultative evaluations (mock surveys)
Hare has presented cancer registry topics at several national conferences, including National Cancer Registrars Association, Association of Community Cancer Centers and Commission on Cancer. She has also presented at several state and local organizations.
She has published articles in Executive Healthcare Management; Advance for Health Information Professionals; and ACCC’s Oncology Issues, including Hare’s most recent article, “Multiple Program Accreditations: Mastering the Juggling Act.” In March of 2010, Hare collaborated with V. Moysaenko, MD, FACS, vice-chair of Ohio’s Cancer Liaison Physicians, and a CoC cancer program surveyor, to write a white paper on quality cancer care entitled “The Continuing Pursuit of Excellence: Advancing Cancer Care through Quality Improvement.” Moysaenko and Hare’s most recent collaboration, “How Health Reform is Transforming U.S. Healthcare: Implications for Cancer Care Providers,” was published in September 2013.
In 1990, she created, implemented and then taught the Cancer Data Management Course through the Health Information Management program at a Cleveland-based college for over 20 years. She also served on the Cancer Committee Activities and Administrative Issues Workgroup for the CoC’s Cancer Program Standards 2011 Project.
Most recently, Hare was recognized by Crain’s Cleveland Business. In the January 2014 edition, Hare was featured as one of the 11 Northeast Ohio individuals recognized as "Who to Watch in Health Care."
She is currently a member of:
Hare's speaking topics include:
- 2012 Commission on Cancer Standards
- Utilizing Your Quality Cancer Data
- Cancer Registrar Workforce Supply and Demand
- Best Practices in Cancer Registry Management and Operations
For more information or to contact Toni Hare, please call 800.362.2628 ext. 3611 or contact us.